• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Inconsistent print lengths - SureColor S50675

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
VanderJ,

Do you suppose the quote was made from the context of quality of print observations or ease-of-repair observations? IOW, nice print or nice for the repairman?

I think quality of print.

From both perspectives. The head in the SureColor is superior. It should be faster and better quality than the GS6000 for that reason alone.

FactorDesign

VanderJ,

Do you suppose the quote was made from the context of quality of print observations or ease-of-repair observations? IOW, nice print or nice for the repairman?

I think quality of print.
Sorry yes, Print quality. I only have sample prints since the machine stopped working before I was hired, but as we print large trade show booths and interior graphics, brand colors and fine detail are critical. I'm hoping we can upgrade to a newer machine in the next year with a wider color gamut. Flatbed would be ideal as 99% of what we print gets mounted to ACM or MDF, but I don't realistically see that happening.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
I'm hoping we can upgrade to a newer machine in the next year with a wider color gamut

Your GS6000, properly operating or course, will show excellent detail and gamut because of the head resolution and the ink set. It is a work horse.

I’m guessing your SureColor is commonly setup for signage using just 4 colors with no light inks. Be sure to experiment with, and eventually optimize, the AccuPhoto profiles because that’s where your machine shines. The effective head resolution is the same as the GS6000 but an upgrade SureColor model would require the expanded ink set. Also get familiar with the ONYX Quality Evaluation.pdf file if you’re not already. (I’m assuming you’re using Onyx.)

Flatbeds are yet another animal. I think of them as work elephants.

FactorDesign

Your GS6000, properly operating or course, will show excellent detail and gamut because of the head resolution and the ink set. It is a work horse.

I’m guessing your SureColor is commonly setup for signage using just 4 colors with no light inks. Be sure to experiment with, and eventually optimize, the AccuPhoto profiles because that’s where your machine shines. The effective head resolution is the same as the GS6000 but an upgrade SureColor model would require the expanded ink set. Also get familiar with the ONYX Quality Evaluation.pdf file if you’re not already. (I’m assuming you’re using Onyx.)

Flatbeds are yet another animal. I think of them as work elephants.

Yes, it is set up as dual CMYK. The white is disabled, as there was some issue with it... no idea what. My next goal is to get the owner to purchase an X-Rite (maybe the new i1Studio if it is compatible) so we can properly build profiles instead of working off of supplied profiles or generic ones and then adjusting files to print proper colors.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
The white is disabled

Most likely because of the original purchase agreement. White was permanently disabled when it was installed.

You might be surprised by the supplied contone AccuPhoto profiles if you're using preferred media(s). The driver calibration concept is very much like that of Epson's professional aqueous printers in that "they don't drift." Both your Epson models are extremely stable. But yes, a spectro you could use.

nirupakah

we have two s70610 and have had issues with print lengths as well when printing wallpapers... where the stripes must match as closely as possible. we use custom media adjustment in the printer (feed adjustment), not in the rip (caldera here). we have never really resolved it to our full satisfaction. i am still wondering what could be done to help it. what factors can influence the feeding precision? when printing larger jobs, can the rollers collect dust and lose traction little bit? can their traction change with their temperature (which probably increases the longer you print)? also the temperature or humidity in the room might have an impact (if it is different from the conditions at which the media adjustment was performed)? what about the tension check, can it negatively influence the feeding consistency? should it rather be turned off? (it is quite impractical beacuse the media will unwind so much and fall down on the floor...)

i would assume that the slower the print speed, the more accurate the feeding, so maybe slowing down might help you achieve better results (never really tried and measured it myself though).