• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Inconsistent Print Lengths

Garrett T.

I am having an issue printing wall murals were each panel of the murals are coming out at slightly different lengths (usually about a quarter inch per 10 feet of vinyl).

I am using a Roland Versa Express RF-640. the issue seems to be persisting across all materials, we have tried Phototex Wall Paper, Photo paper, and Avery Cast Vinyl. It hasn't been an issue with the Cast because our installers can stretch and work the material, but with the Phototex, there is no give at all. I have checked and confirmed the artwork both before loading it into Versaworks, and after loading it into versaworks, and the panels of the murals should be the same size.
We had a tech come out to check on the printer, and he told me that amount of drift is "within margin of error" for the machine, but with a material that doesn't stretch on install like the Phototex, that's not good enough. has anyone else run into this issue before, or have any advice?

manlyon

Hi, it could be maybe be used pinch rollers or a dirty grit roller. Or the "feed calibration" not setted accuratly (if the lenght is always too short ot too long).