• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Increase the Vacuum Pump on my JFX200

jdwilliams1

We have a 4 x 8 table flatbed printer and I was wondering if any of you have every increased your suction with a larger vacuum pump on your flatbed printer?

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
We have a 4 x 8 table flatbed printer and I was wondering if any of you have every increased your suction with a larger vacuum pump on your flatbed printer?
We have this same machine, and yes, the pump is rather lame. I don't believe it is as simple as switching out the pump. Other things will be affected, like will the structure of the machine even hold up to higher suction? I heard of a case where someone replaced the pump with one that has higher suction, and he got print quality issues because it was pulling on the ink coming out of the heads.

APCInk

Merchant Member
We can provide you with a kit that is essentially the same as the genuine Mimaki Upgrade vacuums. if you stay with 220v Single-Phase you'll get a modest increase in vacuum, however the most popular option we've done is a 3-phase 220v vacuum that offers a significant power increase. Let me know if 3-phase electric is an option and I'll get you the details.