• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

InDesign CS3

blackicefx

I've received InDesign files from a customer for some business cards and flyers. I didn't have two of the fonts that were in the files so I sourced them and charged the customer accordingly. Now, my question is, when I send the files to my outsourced printer, how do I embed the fonts or convert them so they don't need to find them like I did? I know in Illy you'd simply convert to outlines, but since I'm not all that well versed in InDesign, I am lost.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Matthew
BlackIceFX

Biker Scout

Careful you don't have stroke or stoke effect around the things you are outlining.... you won't like the end results.

The correct way if sending to a printer is create a .pdf and it embeds the fonts for you.

However if you want to send an InDesign file and include the links, fonts etc... you can go to FILE: PACKAGE

This creates a folder that includes all the things the document needs to be sent off and opened properly. This also brings up a dialog screen that allows you to provide creator info as well as instructions to whomever receives the file.

blackicefx

Well, I'm not able to export as the font Andalus gives me an error when I export as PDF. It says 'font Andalus could not be embedded due to restrictions in the font file. The font must be installed to view or print this file properly with Adobe Acrobat'.

Now I'm confused as Andalus is an owned font on my machines.
Any suggestions?

Matthew
BlackIceFX

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Go back and convert that font to paths as originally discussed. Some font companies do not allow for embedding their fonts in pdfs.

Biker Scout

Ironically, every time I get that message, I just export as usual, and ignore the message... the font is there in the .pdf anyway.

However, I'm am still opening it locally to convert the file to a flattened .tif before printing. So I don't know if that makes a difference or not.