Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indoor Privacy Vinyl

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Chad Smith, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Chad Smith

Chad Smith New Member

Dec 5, 2013
    I am looking for the best idea to privacy window vinyl for a customer. They are wanting an idea of window perforated vinyl where they can see their customers sitting in their lobby, but do not want the customer to be able to see them. I am looking for the best solution to this idea without using a perforated vinyl, and would like some feedback. Thank you.

2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Welcome from PA...........................

3. GWSigns

GWSigns Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Check w/ your local PD - They have those sorts of windows in all interrogation rooms

Oh, and welcome from TN

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Portugal
    Get silver 20% one way reflective privacy film for the window and set the lobby lighting up to a higher ratio than they have on the other side of the glass. After some trial and error youll get the right setup, you may have to buy some ballasts and dimmer switches for the non reflective room. Put a fancy border around the reflective side and make it blend in with the surroundings so it looks like an actual mirror.

... edit. and welcome from Portugal

5. timjf

timjf New Member

Aug 9, 2011

6. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    :Welcome::signs101:

Same with perforated vinyl, one-way privacy film only works when there is low-light on the side of the person who is doing the viewing and does not want to be seen.

Perf isn't that great for up-close viewing, go with a frosted vinyl and design a cool halftone pattern.

unfortunately for my portfolio, SC Johnson won't let me take pictures of their recently revamped reception area where we vinyl'd all their office windows with a repeated pattern of their logo in 3M dusted crystal. Otherwise, I'd share pics.

7. The Big Squeegee

The Big Squeegee Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2005
    Lawton, OK, USA
    Welcome from OK

Howdy!

8. limacchina

limacchina Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Welcome from China.