• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Indoor Privacy Vinyl

Chad Smith

I am looking for the best idea to privacy window vinyl for a customer. They are wanting an idea of window perforated vinyl where they can see their customers sitting in their lobby, but do not want the customer to be able to see them. I am looking for the best solution to this idea without using a perforated vinyl, and would like some feedback. Thank you.

GWSigns

Check w/ your local PD - They have those sorts of windows in all interrogation rooms

Oh, and welcome from TN

Kaiser

Get silver 20% one way reflective privacy film for the window and set the lobby lighting up to a higher ratio than they have on the other side of the glass. After some trial and error youll get the right setup, you may have to buy some ballasts and dimmer switches for the non reflective room. Put a fancy border around the reflective side and make it blend in with the surroundings so it looks like an actual mirror.

... edit. and welcome from Portugal

MikePro

:Welcome::signs101:

Same with perforated vinyl, one-way privacy film only works when there is low-light on the side of the person who is doing the viewing and does not want to be seen.

Perf isn't that great for up-close viewing, go with a frosted vinyl and design a cool halftone pattern.

unfortunately for my portfolio, SC Johnson won't let me take pictures of their recently revamped reception area where we vinyl'd all their office windows with a repeated pattern of their logo in 3M dusted crystal. Otherwise, I'd share pics.