Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Industry Rates

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing, Pricing Etc.' started by daenterpri, Feb 8, 2011.

1. daenterpri

daenterpri Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    Hey Everyone!

I do a lot of die cut stickers, and thermal printed decals with the Gerber Edge 2. What is the going rate for either die-cut, or thermal printed decals?

For instance, what should I charge for 100 3x3 decals on white vinyl, using a single color foil?

Thanks for the help!

Andy

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    I think you will find a wide variation in what rates are charged. What you really need to do is to determine your shop rate which has been discussed here in numerous threads. Everyone has a different rate based on overhead , income requirements etc. Commercial software and pricing guides all provide well thought out worksheets for determining it. Looking for the price you should charge under someone else's roof is not in your best interests. You might starve to death or you might end up working very hard for very little money.

Here's a link to a thread that covers a lot of it once it finally settles into a discussion. Better threads are archived in Sales, Marketing & Pricing in the premium forums.

3. mikey-Oh

mikey-Oh Very Active Member

Apr 16, 2009
    okc
    $2999

4. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    $2750, I won't be undersold....Charge enough to make some money, FOO.

5. daenterpri

daenterpri Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    That's a great thread, Fred! Thanks. Very helpful.

6. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    $4,765.00 I didn't really need the job that bad.

7. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    This thread sounds like a storyboard for the Dilbert comic strip....

8. Malkin

Malkin Very Active Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Augusta, ME
    We have traditionally used a chart similar to this 13 year old one from Graphitek, which is of course very out-of-date. The format is the same, although the numbers have changed...