• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Inexpensive Air-Release Vinyl Options

thewood

We are in the $170 range for IJ35C as well, but we opt to pay a bit more for the Oracal 3165RA. I had a ton of quality issues with the IJ35C and stopped using it altogether. I love the 3M cast films, but I have been less than impressed with their venture into the calendared market.

Tim Aucoin

We are in the $170 range for IJ35C as well, but we opt to pay a bit more for the Oracal 3165RA. I had a ton of quality issues with the IJ35C and stopped using it altogether. I love the 3M cast films, but I have been less than impressed with their venture into the calendared market.

Based on your comment here, I may just give the 3165RA a shot. It's $11 more per roll at my local supplier here. 54" is $278 per roll vs. $267 for IJ35C. I'll have to consider it for sure. Are you running it on Latex at all? Although I'm sure the Oracal product should run the same as 3M on the Latex... :rolleyes:

HulkSmash

Based on your comment here, I may just give the 3165RA a shot. It's $11 more per roll at my local supplier here. 54" is $278 per roll vs. $267 for IJ35C. I'll have to consider it for sure. Are you running it on Latex at all? Although I'm sure the Oracal product should run the same as 3M on the Latex... :rolleyes:

I agree the Oracle is a much better product for short term vinyl.

Wouldn't 3651RA (2.5 mil) be better than 3165RA (3.75 mil)?

BTW, let me take the time here to give a big @)#*$#*(&$# to Oracal for having the numbers on these two products so simiilar. With one of the suppliers I use, it's always a crapshoot as to which product I get, regardless of which one I order.

Scott Reynolds

I have a double post 2 hours apart?? I first post was at 8am was on my tablet, dont know why it double posted over 2 hours latter. Thats weird. My Tab has been acting buggy for the last mouth or so. Anyway, sorry.

Mosh

inexspensive=cheap so what do you want?? Cheap is as cheap does...my mama always says.

cdiesel

3165RA is great stuff. If you don't want to lam, it's got enough body to be applied easily. 3651RA doesn't work so well for this. 3651 is better for print/cut stuff since it's thinner.

feckmo

Thanks for all the feedback! We're not wrapping with it, so no worries there. I've got some samples of the 3165RA as well as the 3651RA coming today, and I'll try and check out the IJ35C as well.

Thanks again!!!

rcook99

Thanks for all the feedback! We're not wrapping with it, so no worries there. I've got some samples of the 3165RA as well as the 3651RA coming today, and I'll try and check out the IJ35C as well.

I look forward to hearing your comments on the vinyl. I am waiting for my VJ1204 to be set up tomorrow.

feckmo

Sorry, one more question -- does anyone have suggestions for a good source of Oracal 3651RA in the northeast? My local dealer doesn't seem to carry it (although they do carry the 3165RA). We're doing print/cut so the thinner stuff would be better.

Thanks again!

Malkin

feckmo said:
Sorry, one more question -- does anyone have suggestions for a good source of Oracal 3651RA in the northeast? My local dealer doesn't seem to carry it (although they do carry the 3165RA). We're doing print/cut so the thinner stuff would be better.

Thanks again!

Hart Supply (MA) now carries Oracal and they deliver...

feckmo

Glad I was able to help! I was in Albany 2 weeks ago. Are you downtown or just outside of Albany?

We're outside Albany (near Altamont), but close enough to run over to Fellers and pick up some 3651RA. That stuff is great!!! It's a bit of a cool white (bluish) which isn't great) but it prints well, installs well and is 110% more consistent than the Kapco stuff we were using.

Thanks again for the suggestion -- we won't be going back. :U Rock:

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Hi All,

Quick question - we're currently using Kapco's 3 mil air-release vinyl for many of our prints.

https://www.kapco.com/cms/site/80ae5545317c6d19/index.html

It's economical and easy to apply, but we've been having *serious* issues lately with quality control. The result has been many, many ruined prints and a ton of wasted time and material.

Does anyone know of any similarly-priced air-release vinyl options out there? Obviously there are the 3M options, but we're trying to stick as close to the $199 per 54" x 150' roll price point as possible.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

--Jim.

Jim

We have private labeled super calendared air-released vinyl. They work excellent. We ship from Los Angeles.

$250 per 54" x 150' roll matte/gloss.
$250 per 54" x 150' roll laminate film

MimakiUser

Mpi 2903

Hi All,

Quick question - we're currently using Kapco's 3 mil air-release vinyl for many of our prints.

https://www.kapco.com/cms/site/80ae5545317c6d19/index.html

It's economical and easy to apply, but we've been having *serious* issues lately with quality control. The result has been many, many ruined prints and a ton of wasted time and material.

Does anyone know of any similarly-priced air-release vinyl options out there? Obviously there are the 3M options, but we're trying to stick as close to the $199 per 54" x 150' roll price point as possible.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

--Jim.

We had the same problem with General Formulation's AutoMark 230-54 and 231- 54. Poor quality control and lots of wasted time as well as material.

I also tried IJ35C and found out that it doesn't relly stick well for a permenat adhesive vinyl. Avery's MPI 2903 EZ deosn't seem to be bad execpt it is thick. How did Oracal worked for you? Any other sugestions?

Patentagosse

I pay $241.65 for the Oracal 3165RA from a warehouse next to you (Alberta):Oops: