• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Inflation

3Dsigns

My gut was $2500 each when I looked at the pic. Since when did the actual costs of doing business keep in line with the increase of materials costs. Did the cost of HDU increase by .28 per dollar? I think not.
I checked the cost of hdu back then and the price has increased by 42%

edcooleyar

We did a dimensional job for a golf course back in 2017. We made the two entrance signs and two or three informational and directional signs. But there were two signs we quoted which the customer told us he wanted to wait on. The customer just called, wants them now, and says the quote for those two smaller signs was $2945. But I'm thinking the economy has changed somewhat since 2017. I checked the inflation rate and what I found was that $1 in 2017 is now about $1.28 in 2024. What say you?
Your client has not been off the planet. He knows prices have gone crazy. Just give him your current pricing and explain the new method.

3Dsigns

I emailed the client a quote, considerably higher than the one in 2017. I did explain that the new signs would be machined entirely on the CNC, and not sandblasted as before. I mentioned that my customers are very happy with the CNC textured backgrounds we do. Have not heard back. I'm already as busy as I can be, plenty of work so, doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

3Dsigns

Rats, I got the job. Already have 5 sign projects in the works including 12 dimensional signs, a timber frame sign structure, and a panel truck, and it's just me and my wife. Looks like we'll be busy for awhile. I shouldn't complain; There was a time when I was hungry for work, but I also run an equipment sales business which is doing quite well. Thanks for the advice and input everyone.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Rats, I got the job. Already have 5 sign projects in the works including 12 dimensional signs, a timber frame sign structure, and a panel truck, and it's just me and my wife. Looks like we'll be busy for awhile. I shouldn't complain; There was a time when I was hungry for work, but I also run an equipment sales business which is doing quite well. Thanks for the advice and input everyone.
Well, congratulations!! It will all work out fine ;)

Regina ArtSignWorks

23 Years Experience - Art Sign Works, Inc.
Feel free to outsource to me. Everyone else is. www.artsignworks.com :D - Regina

Stacey K

I like making signs
Nice job JBurton! I especially enjoyed the family history page, very interesting! The site is clean and easy to navigate, looks very professional.

Boudica

I'm here for Educational Purposes
Awe gee thanks guys, I need to update that about us, we've had kids and picked up some real characters in the shop.
Yah - I thought you were done with college and graduated already. You still going back?
And I was hoping to find a big 'ol family photo on there!

JBurton

Signtologist
You still going back?
Currently no, but I have an 11 year old that I've told I'm getting my degree before she gets hers... of course, now she isn't going to college, she just wants to be a youtuber, so I have more than a few years.
But yeah, college for computer science is in a weird place. Half of the classes you can pass using chatgpt, the other half are teaching stuff like app design, and I'm not technical enough for electrical engineering, so I may go back for some actual foundational engineering if anything. At least through the blinders at the sign shop, that would make the most money the fastest.
Here's the shop in it's hayday, this was when we blew up converting safeways to something else, the ranks swelled rapidly, then my grandad cleaned house when that contract dried up. My dad tells it as a story to demonstrate our flexibility, I feel it to be more of a scrooge story, about finding a gaggle of guys, working them to the bone, then kicking them out, but it was long before my time.
AF1QipP0qQ4oVRgAGH8Aht4HIud3ioYzQurT9S1wI0Bz=s680-w680-h510