• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

info needed re: pads below parked printheads in Canon iPF 9000

priusjames

I guess the subject line says it all...I'm trying to figure out what the "pads" that are underneath the parked printheads, but above the Maintenance Cart.

I cleaned the heads (what a mess they were), and ordered a new Maint. Cart...but I'm afraid to put it all together until I figure out what's going on with these "pads". I expected them to be foam, or cotton or something...they feel like stone, rock hard.

Is that normal?

Thanks in advance

James

briankb

Premium Subscriber
Ask the people who sold you the printer and/or ink supplies. One of their techs should be able to help you.

priusjames

Ask the people who sold you the printer and/or ink supplies. One of their techs should be able to help you.

Yeah, you'd think.

They seem to be a scintered stone...pretty interesting. I just left them alone and cleaned the heck out of the printheads...and I'm getting beautiful prints again (after some scary looking initial prints).

Dodged a $1000 bullet there (2 print heads x $500)

Whew!