• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Infractions...

ProWraps

can we please get the module enabled that shows our infractions beside our name?

there is no pleasure without pain.

and yes, im being serious.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
can we please get the module enabled that shows our infractions beside our name?

there is no pleasure without pain.

and yes, im being serious.

I suspect that it would be met with the same enthusiasm as was the infamous Chiclets. :ROFLMAO:

Yours was donated at your request.

Seriously, from my POV, the main benefit of admins using infraction notices is to create a record of it for future reference by all admins.

CentralSigns

Is there a rule that shows what an infraction is given for. Just want to know whats up like Prowraps. Will there be a tribunal or is it up to the moderator to decide your intent? Will we be asked our intent? Some of us arn't the best with words.

ProWraps

chicklets? i missed it!

damn.

come on fred, give us the power to vote on each other like survivor. lets be proud of our deranged selves!

i know this software like the back of my hand. enable the infraction module for popular consumption. as well as the karma module. i think it would be great for people giving good, or bad advice. just like the MM situation.

this is a forum of knowledge rather than the usual garbage. let the people with knowledge and know how get praised or denied for their contribution. it would be a great addition to the site and would make this site much better IMHO. this is an info site.

any thoughts on upgrading to vb 4?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
chicklets? i missed it!

damn.

Chiclets was the popular term for the display of the reputation module. When we turned it on for a few days, it was highly abused and many members demanded it be turned off.

come on fred, give us the power to vote on each other like survivor. lets be proud of our deranged selves!

i know this software like the back of my hand. enable the infraction module for popular consumption. as well as the karma module. i think it would be great for people giving good, or bad advice. just like the MM situation.

this is a forum of knowledge rather than the usual garbage. let the people with knowledge and know how get praised or denied for their contribution. it would be a great addition to the site and would make this site much better IMHO. this is an info site.

Seriously Chris, that is the intent of the rarely used Reviews Section. Besides what you are describing is the Reputation Module ... not infractions, which are a private matter between an admin and a member.

any thoughts on upgrading to vb 4?

Many and I will have to do it in the near future. There are lots of benefits, a few drawbacks and some major technical issues to be dealt with. My intention is to seek the paid assistance of an expert I have had some conversations with already.

The primary problem is that our portal software has reached the end of its road and is not compatible with VB4. The logical change to make would be to go to vbAdvanced portal except that they seem to have an ongoing feud with PhotoPost, the folks who author our photo gallery, classifieds and review software and neither will provide any usable information to make them compatible. So that road would mean we would likely have to compromise or drop the software from PhotoPost.

The other road is to come as close as we can to duplicating the features we use and like with our current portal software using the CMS portions of VB4. That's where the expert assistance comes in.

Whatever we choose to do, a rough transition is very likely in the offing.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Is there a rule that shows what an infraction is given for. Just want to know whats up like Prowraps. Will there be a tribunal or is it up to the moderator to decide your intent? Will we be asked our intent? Some of us arn't the best with words.

There are posted rules and an infraction can be given for violating any of them or even for anything not covered by the rules but is outrageous enough to give one and to consider adding a new rule.

The three main infractions issued are for unauthorized self-promotion, inappropriate language, and contact information in signatures by non-merchant subscribers. Repeated lesser offenses such as posting off site pictures after being informed not to do so and repeated incorrect classifying of threads can also draw an infraction.

Again, however, I point out that the main purpose is not to run the member off or hold him or her up to ridicule. Rather the purpose is to get the member's attention while also letting all admins know that the member has been given an infraction.

ProWraps

great post fred. you truely do know your forum software.

i feel your pain on the integration of the modules available with the different versions available.

count me in if you need help. i hate to tell you this.. and its something you already know, but dread as did i.

you are WAY past the point of integration of pre made solutions. that is a complement shrouded in a curse. and you of all will know what im talking about.

but the good news is, you have a very valuable internet property. maybe not now (and it is to me and many others), but it is.

and it requires some hooks into some software that is premade which sucks because everytime an update comes along, you worry about what hooks you made and how they will work with the new version.

ugh. it brings back bad memories. again, i feel your pain.

welp. im here if you need me. its the best i can offer. but its real.

i didnt mean to call you out. god knows, i feel your pain. im here now, and for the long haul and will do what i can to see this site run its course into the long future beyond me.

now will you please enable the module that lets us rate us amongst ourselves!!!! heh.. love you fred.