• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Initial logo idea - let the fun begin

Team Valhalla

I'm toying with the idea of starting a business in the conceal and carry market.

Initially the colors are not that important... I'm leaning towards the darker / gray scale... Patterned after the gray man / silent philosophy.

I want to stay away from things like making the "r" look like a handgun or having a handgun in the "U".

Fire away.

SP

Attachments

• Logo thoughts 6-7--4.jpg
    Logo thoughts 6-7--4.jpg
    605 KB · Views: 212

Marlene

I like the way the top one looks with the overlapping letters with no outline. the only thing that bothers me is the arrow (?) in the "G". there is a lot going on in the letters and having that is just a little too much. overall it looks good

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I like it, too, but not too keen on the odd cutting away of letters. Also, the grey on black doesn't fly. It's one thing to be cute or clever...... if it works. :rock-n-roll:

Team Valhalla

Marlene.... thanks for the comments!

"...the only thing that bothers me is the arrow..." I smiled and almost laughed outloud. I thought I was being pretty creative with the arrow pointing up... just proves again that I need to take the George Costanza approach to things like this - do the opposite of what I think is right or looks good.

SP

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Keep the arrow with the G, but kern and correct so it isn't cut by the e. Omit all other overlap/cut lettering. Less is more.

JB

Team Valhalla

Made a couple changes as suggested... better?

What about enlarging the G as shown in the bottom two examples...? If enlarging the G, should the U be the same?

SP

Attachments

• Logo thoughts 6-7--5.jpg
    Logo thoughts 6-7--5.jpg
    602 KB · Views: 181

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
The bottom one, for sure. Perhaps drop the word "accessories", and kern wide for a bit of air space in "concealment".

JB

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Start again and go in some different direction. All of the efforts thus far look contrived and are ghastly.

OldPaint

YOU WANT AN ARROW?put it in the right place))))goudy bold font........i stretched the G down to the same level as the p......the U i moved it to the same level as the ear, bottom. added the arrow to the top of the U........GOUDY works well here..

Attachments

• GEARUP.jpg
    GEARUP.jpg
    566.6 KB · Views: 210

Bly

A couple of options from someone more generous with their time and talent than me.

Attachments

• gholster.jpg
    gholster.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 183
  • gearup.jpg
    gearup.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 169

Marlene

I like the bottom one in post #7. I think it was all the special effects together that didn't work and once you got rid of some, it is nice and clean. I didn't hate the arrow in the G but it was too much with all the rest in the original. congrats on creating a logo with just type. most people feel it isn't a logo without a graphic, sixteen circles, several lines, copy on an arc, shadows, outlines, bevels and set it all on an oval. nice looking logo!

Marlene

the revised in post #15 is going in the wrong direction. the one that Bly posted with the suggestion of a gun in a holster within the G isn't a bad idea. I wouldn't have that kiddy looking font used for the name on a slant or the overly long shadow but the G is a good idea as it the one you did. the last one you posted is not good and sorry, I can't come up with any suggestions to make it better. your original wasn't bad either. it doesn't have to have a ton of stuff to sell the concept.

Team Valhalla

Thanks for the input Marlene... and everyone else.

Please forgive my attempts, I'm just trying to glean knowledge and learn from people that are more skilled than I'll ever be.

SP

Marlene

Thanks for the input Marlene... and everyone else.

Please forgive my attempts, I'm just trying to glean knowledge and learn from people that are more skilled than I'll ever be.

SP

keep posting your ideas and pretty sure with extrra eyes on it, you'll come up wth something great