• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Initializing Please Wait

daenterpri

My printer is about 2 months old and my printer just alerted me that one of my print heads needs to be replaced. According to what I saw, it is within warranty and well before the normal time that it would need to be replaced (The only cartridge I've had to change so far is black).

Anyways, I decided to shut the printer down and restart it just in case it was a fluke (I have jobs to get out tomorrow!). Upon restarting it appeared like it might have been updating. There was a countdown and a bar, but I wasn't around early enough to see what it was for.

Anyways, it's been saying "Initializing Please Wait" for about an hour now. Could it be installing something? Should I force a restart?

daenterpri

Hmmmmm... well I think it might have been a false alarm! Whew!

The printer eventually told me that there was a problem with the initialization and had me shut it off again. I restarted and everything appears to be working fine now! It's not giving me warnings about that print head or anything.

Fastsigns2041

Fastsigns Palm Harbor
My 25, and 26500 both did this whenever they had an error. Kind of an annoying bug to have to reset the machine twice.

sowinski_t

yeah my L26500 will do this once in a while, I've ended up switching it off at the switch at the back, waiting 30 seconds and turning it back on. seems to clear the problem, and it will ussually initialize correctly after that.