• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink around capping station? Epson GS6000

GoodPeopleFlags

I noticed some ink under one of my capping stations today. I tried to take pics but they came out fuzzy. If you've run into this situation before, maybe it will look familiar. I put an oval around the parts I'm talking about. The one on the left is the capping station that looks fine. The one on the right is the one that has the ink under it.

I have an Epson GS6000. We got in in Oct of 2009 and haven't had any problems. I clean it about once a month, more during busy times. The print quality is still great. I haven't replaced the capping stations. Are you supposed to periodically?

Attachments

• CappingStationPics.jpg
    CappingStationPics.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 74
were going to be replacing all 4 capping stations on our roland next week. we have been getting pooling around the magenta for a short while now, have tried a number of things to elimante the problem. the tech says you should replace capping stations about once a year. 90 percent of the time it will be the capping station....

we have a roland but i'm sure it will be the same with most printers.

Letterbox Mike

I can't tell from the photo but if you haven't replaced your capping stations in 2 years you're probably due to. It's not that expensive and it's good preventative maintenance.

GoodPeopleFlags

Thanks, guys! I sent an email to our sales rep with the pics. I checked the operator's manuel and it mentions replacing the flushing pad but not the capping stations. But I bet you guys are right and that needs to be done. I'll see what he says.

Are they easy to change?

the flushing pads rest in the capping stations...... the pads can get worn and clogged and will sometimes swell up. also you may have some dried or thick ink in one of your lines, i would recommend disconnecting them(the lines from the capping stations to your pump that leads to the ink waste bottle) and flushing them with cleaning fluid.

GoodPeopleFlags

Hmmm... mine has a separate flushing pad that I changed last year and in need of changing again but it's not under the capping stations. Are there also some there? I should really know more about this machine... I know how to make it print and clean it and that's about it.