• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink Bag "Not Present"

darrenR

we run a Fuji Acuity Advance, and trying to switch out ink bags, i ran into this problem, as the title says.

i talked to an oce technician, he told me they've been told there's a recent batch of ink bags that do not have an RFID chip in them.

anyone else heard of/ran into this problem to confirm? or is there something i can do to fix it?

HaroldDesign

we run a Fuji Acuity Advance, and trying to switch out ink bags, i ran into this problem, as the title says.

i talked to an oce technician, he told me they've been told there's a recent batch of ink bags that do not have an RFID chip in them.

anyone else heard of/ran into this problem to confirm? or is there something i can do to fix it?
I recently printed two sheets out of a fresh bag (yellow), and then it said there was no ink bag. I had another one on hand, and they replaced the other. Could have been a real problem, but luckily it worked out fine.

ellsmako

Seen this with Fuji/Oce and with Vutek, thats the problem with RFID programming may or may not stick, programming may be incorrect, even seen mis ided colors, color that time out, etc.

Also have seen where shop or near shop there has been a welder or rf welder been used that flake out these couplers.

Welcome to todays quality control.