• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink cartridge issue on JV-5

InProGuy

I've run into a problem where the printer is giving a ink level reading that does not physically reflect what is in the cartridges.

The printer display shows a reading level of "1" (cyan 1 & 2, right bank) the low cartridge, LED light flashing red, reading correct. Full cartridge, LED light steady green, reading correct.

The printer display should show a level of 5 or 4 with one empty and one full cartridge. I've switched positions with cartridges and LEDs still read correctly but display still indicates level of 1.

I had a similar problem a few months ago with the the same pair of cyan banks only that time the LED indicates empty cartridge (red flashing) when physically full. Figured it was bad ink chip.

Any Ideas?

tbaker

ink chips universally have been crap lately. It isn't uncommon for the chip to be incorrect to what is physically available in the cartridge.

It is more common in after market ink, then in OEM, but it can happen in OEM as well.

You can purchase after market chips at a couple different sign supply companies.

MikePro

your supplier will most likely send you chips if you voice your discontent. fellers must have sent me a dozen free chips over the course of 3 years.

ozzy666

usually at fault:
1.loose contact\spring----try to pull out gently the spring or put small piece of vinyl behind the chip
2.bended cart
3.bad 3d party chip----replacement
4.loose cart slot