• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink Cartridge issue?

tandem signs

I'll make this quick..

Came into work this morning and ripped a file and hit print on my Mutoh Rockhopper II and machine froze. I couldn't cancel it on the printer itself nor scroll using the key pad. I ended up powering the machine down and when I went to turn it back on it said Initializing as it normally does then went to a menu which said Ink Charge with options for 4 cart or 12 cart. no matter what I do it asks me to remove the cartridges but I don't want to make a mess or have any other issues. So my question is what exactly do I have to do here? Do I remove them and then put them back in and everything will boot?

randya

You need to change the Init Fill Flag in Maintenance mode.
This will tell it where it is in the Ink cycle - charged with ink or not.

tandem signs

I got it up and running, for whatever reason it just needed the 'Ink Charge' to go through its cycle. I've never had that happen before, kind of weird. But thanks again for another quick response!