• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

INK Cartridge order question (Firmware 2.11 FalconII)

Headhunterx

I am using firmware 2.11 and I am not sure which way the carts go? Now I have them in this order KYCMMCYK I have another Falcon II running the same firmware that I just got in but it is not running at the present time and the carts are in this configuration KKCCMMYY It is printing great except the colors are off a little and before spending hours working on profiles I want to make sure the carts are right I like the thought of the same colors in the same head but I just want to do it like it is supposed to be.

Thank You,
Richard

Graphics2u

I am using firmware 2.11 and I am not sure which way the carts go? Now I have them in this order KYCMMCYK I have another Falcon II running the same firmware that I just got in but it is not running at the present time and the carts are in this configuration KKCCMMYY It is printing great except the colors are off a little and before spending hours working on profiles I want to make sure the carts are right I like the thought of the same colors in the same head but I just want to do it like it is supposed to be.

Thank You,
Richard
Probably supposed to be KKCCMMYY. Not sure when that was changed but most are set up that way now. Had problems with cross contamination before. Is it printing correctly? Because if it's wrong you'll be be getting ugly colors!

Graphics2u

Have you tried printing with it that way yet? If not, don't. Look at the capping station and see if the foam pads are each one a different color. Should be KCMY from the left. Then it should be KKCCMMYY.

randya

KYCMMCYK = symmetry
KKCCMMYY = same

There is a set up either on the front panel (but probably in maintenance mode)

Where you can set it up...

With SAME you get no color contaimination bacause each head has only one color
With SYMMETRY you get no chromatic banding as you are lying down ink in the same order in bi-direction printing.

Headhunterx

For now I am going to leave it the way I have it (KYCMMCYK = symmetry) The colors are great and no banding. So far no contamination, I will just have to watch for it and if it shows up I will deal with it then.

Thanks for the replies,
Richard

randya

You can minimize cross contamination between the colors if you maintain fairly equal amounts of ink in each cartridge.

'pressure' from a full cartridge and issues with the head/cap tends to force the ink from the fuller cartridge into the less full one..