• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink cartridge position on Roland VS series

wirenut

I was talking with a Mimaki dealer at the AC show. He brought up that the ink cartridges standing up on end on the Roland VS series printer/cutter was not an advantageous feature. He said that the pigment had the tendency to settle to the bottom and that when half of the ink was used, that the remaining ink color would be different. He said that the cartridge installed lengthwise was a better design and limited that problem.

Any validity to his argument? Might Roland change this design in their next generation printer/cutter or do u see this as a nonissue?

thanks

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Ink is going to settle no matter what position you put it in. Although what he said is true, I don't think it is a major issue. Plenty of printers have the cartridges pointing up and I have never had a service call because the colors were changing as the cartridge emptied. I don't run a lot of Rolands though so maybe someone else has had this problem.