• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink Cartridge Problems!!

kkell101

Hello to everyone and hope we are all having a good day!! I am having problems with the ink cartridges on my VJ1204 saying their out of ink when there is still ink in the cartridge. This does not seem to be happening with just one particular color. It is happening with them all. For example the black ink will show empty when it has about a 1/4 of the ink left and the next time after you put a new black ink cartridge in and it shows empty, it's empty. I have had ink cartridges show empty on the VJ1204 and they still be 1/2 full. Is this a problem with the smartcard on the cartridge? Also Mutoh tells me that the VJ1204 cannot run the 440ml cartridges. We are using Mutoh ink like they recommend. I guess what I need to know is anyone elso having this problem and what are anyones thoughts on third party ink?

Thanks,
kkell101

FatCat

Are you trying to run with 440ml carts? If so, you may have issues because of that.

If not, and it's doing it with 220's then you likely have an issue with the cards themselves, or I believe the mainboard. There was some other threads on here with similar questions. Do a search and see what you can find. Sorry, never dealt with that specific issue, but FWIW it's always good to have some spare cards lying around to test with.