• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink Change

islandtees

We purchased a used XC-540 printer using Inktek ink. We want to switch back to Roland ink. Do we need to flush the printer or can we just install inks.
If we need to flush does it have to be Roland cleaning fluid or can it be 3rd party cleaning fluid.
Do you recommend the Roland head flush procedure thru the machine or just pull cleaning fluid from the cap station tube before the pump.

otctech

We recently changed a printer to Inktec ink. We used Roland ink cleaner (it was running Lyson ink) and pulled ink cleaner through the lines above the dampers with a syringe until you get clean ink cleaner coming into your syringe. Its pretty simple but very time consuming it took us several full syringes of ink cleaner through every line. We even let ink cleaner sit in the lines over night. We replaced all heads, cap tops and dampers because this machine had been sitting for 2+ years.

rjssigns

I had my Roland tech switch us back. He purged/flushed everything with Roland cleaning fluid. He even removed the heads and did his soak, flush, purge method on those too. What a difference. No more ink related issues besides using way less ink.
And I know for a fact how much ink I used because I would weigh the 3rd party ink carts before and after a job. I did this because the little tabs that were supposed to stick out of the cartridge to stop the printer never worked. What a mess because it would back flow the second color into the lines. I carried that habit forward after the switch back to Roland ink. Although there is no need to do that anymore.
1 gram = 1ml

CS-SignSupply-TT

Your ink issues

We purchased a used XC-540 printer using Inktek ink. We want to switch back to Roland ink. Do we need to flush the printer or can we just install inks.
If we need to flush does it have to be Roland cleaning fluid or can it be 3rd party cleaning fluid.
Do you recommend the Roland head flush procedure thru the machine or just pull cleaning fluid from the cap station tube before the pump.

islandtees, we are sorry for your troubles. Welcome back to RolandDGA OEM inks. CiberSupply would be happy to become your Roland ink distributor. Please let me know how we may help.