• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Ink charge problem vj 1614

dakeith15

My Mutoh VJ 1614 is getting stuck during it's ink charge. We don't use it as much as we used to so we decided to run the cleaning cartridges through. The problem is when we start doing the cleaning it gets stuck with "Busy-Washing" on the display and sits there not doing anything. We have tried powering down the machine and turning it back on, but it makes us start the in charge cycle again and we have already been through 4 cleaning cartridges trying to get it to finish. On power up it comes up saying ink charge and there is no way to bypass it. It will tell us to remove the ink cartridges and then tells us to insert the cleaning cartridges. Then it goes on to push the cleaner though the head which completes fine. Then it tells us to remove the cleaning cartridges. When we remove them is when it is getting stuck saying "Busy-Washing" and sits there even if we let it sit over night.

The maintenance station, head, dampers, head ribbon, CR motor, and pumps were replaced a year ago and we have only printed maybe 20 signs/banners with it since. Does anyone know any way to fix this or maybe bypass the cleaning/charge cycle?

Edit: Just going to add that even when we don't print for a while, we still run daily cleaning cycles on it up until we started having this issue.

Last edited:

rikou

My Mutoh VJ 1614 is getting stuck during it's ink charge. We don't use it as much as we used to so we decided to run the cleaning cartridges through. The problem is when we start doing the cleaning it gets stuck with "Busy-Washing" on the display and sits there not doing anything. We have tried powering down the machine and turning it back on, but it makes us start the in charge cycle again and we have already been through 4 cleaning cartridges trying to get it to finish. On power up it comes up saying ink charge and there is no way to bypass it. It will tell us to remove the ink cartridges and then tells us to insert the cleaning cartridges. Then it goes on to push the cleaner though the head which completes fine. Then it tells us to remove the cleaning cartridges. When we remove them is when it is getting stuck saying "Busy-Washing" and sits there even if we let it sit over night.

The maintenance station, head, dampers, head ribbon, CR motor, and pumps were replaced a year ago and we have only printed maybe 20 signs/banners with it since. Does anyone know any way to fix this or maybe bypass the cleaning/charge cycle?

Edit: Just going to add that even when we don't print for a while, we still run daily cleaning cycles on it up until we started having this issue.[/QUOTE
have you solve this pronlem,please? i have same problem on mutoh vj1614

BAD NOVA

Edit: Just going to add that even when we don't print for a while, we still run daily cleaning cycles on it up until we started having this issue.[/QUOTE

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
As stated above, you have to let the whole cycle run. If you don't, it just starts over from the beginning every time. If you want to trick the machine into thinking it is full again, you have to go into service mode and into the parameter menu. In there you can change the charge flag to full and it will end the fill up cycle.