• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink Color Not Printing-HELP!

mingusgraphics

I am absolutley brand new to this site, forum print busness & am so impressed by all of the help members offer one another, so I am hoping someone can help me please. I have a Roland XC-540. Only one other time did the color not print out correctly (I think it was the magenta), but it was under warranty & so the tech fixed it. I didn't watch too closely (my mistake) as I was working on orders, but he did have to replace what looked to be a thin piece of tubing. I am not sure if he replaced only the plastic tubing or anything else. Well, it is now 6 months past that time & my warranty is up & my printer is not printing colors out correctly. I am trying to print an order that has red, white & blue (the flag colors). The blue prints out much lighter than the deep blue it should be. The red prints out in yellow!! I also printed another order that is black & white in color. The black prints out in an olive green color. I have learned to tinker a bit with this printer as I am new to this, but my husband is very mechanically inclined, but has not worked on this printer yet. Can anyone provide me with some tips or advice on what to have my husband check out, take apart to look at, etc??? I am trying to avoid a service call w/o having the warranty coverage as well as I live a 4 hour round trip to the nearest tech. Many thanks in advance!!! Kelly

CS-SignSupply

First and foremost, you need to print the TEST PRINT and post it here. That way, we can see if the nozzles are firing correctly.

If you get Olive Green when printing Black, you are more than likely not choosing the right color profile in your rip software.

Give us some more details please... What RIP software are you using? When was the last time you did your regular maintenance? Have you checked your wipers to see if they need to be replaced?