• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink configuration

jason91

I have a Roland sc545ex.. it's a 6 color cmyklclm printer... they have the same printer that has an ink configuration of cmykww and cmykwmt...my question is there a hardware difference between the machines? Or is it all software? I can't find in the service menu where u can change between those ink configurations? Just wanna understand how it recognizes between the 3?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
There is no physical difference between the configurations. It's just a firmware setting. I have never changed that specific model over to another configuration but most printers require you to go into the parameters and change a setting there to change over. Usually there isn't a menu item for it. You probably just have to reset to factory default.

jason91

There is no physical difference between the configurations. It's just a firmware setting. I have never changed that specific model over to another configuration but most printers require you to go into the parameters and change a setting there to change over. Usually there isn't a menu item for it. You probably just have to reset to factory default.

Ok, so If I reset to factory defaults, what would be the next step? would it ask for those different ink configs, or would it be in the service menu? Thanks VanderJ for the help

mleg1972

Not true. The white ink printer has a recirculating ink pump system for the white channels. Whole different printer

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk