Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ink contamination question

Discussion in 'Roland' started by GRIMREAPER, Aug 15, 2013.

1. GRIMREAPER

GRIMREAPER Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Hi i have recently replace the dampers and o rings in the brass fittings in my machine to address an issue which would cause my lines to get air. I started printing but I see that it has some cross contamination. It will only do it once the machine starts pringing then goes back to normal. If I stop and start the print again or another print it will do the same thing. Only have this problem with the yellows so far. Anyone seen this before?

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Only time I've had that issue was using 3rd party ink. The tab didn't pop out on the cart so I didn't realize it was empty. That caused the adjacent color to back flow.

3. P Wagner

P Wagner Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Replace your damper for yellow (and as long as you're in there, you might want to do the same for the other colors).

4. GRIMREAPER

GRIMREAPER Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Thanks. I am using second party inks and one might be low. Ill check that tomorrow. I replaced all the dampers about a week ago. Unit is a Versacamm SP300V by the way.

5. GRIMREAPER

GRIMREAPER Member

Aug 10, 2009
    I just checked inks and the lowest one is at about 30% so I'm thinking that may not be the problem

6. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    if there is any spongey material in the captops, make sure it isnt swollen to the point of touching the head

7. MikePatterson

MikePatterson Head bathroom cleaner.

Also check the drain lines and flush them.

IMO sometimes air pressure changes can cause this. Our printer does it from time to time during big air pressure fluctuations.

8. GRIMREAPER

GRIMREAPER Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Thanks for the help. Looked like some ink was backed up on the caps as though they were clogged so ran some solvent throug them and played with the lines as well as soak and clean the head and problem went away.