• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink contamination question

GRIMREAPER

Hi i have recently replace the dampers and o rings in the brass fittings in my machine to address an issue which would cause my lines to get air. I started printing but I see that it has some cross contamination. It will only do it once the machine starts pringing then goes back to normal. If I stop and start the print again or another print it will do the same thing. Only have this problem with the yellows so far. Anyone seen this before?

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 59
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 63
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 58

rjssigns

Only time I've had that issue was using 3rd party ink. The tab didn't pop out on the cart so I didn't realize it was empty. That caused the adjacent color to back flow.

Hi i have recently replace the dampers and o rings in the brass fittings in my machine to address an issue which would cause my lines to get air. I started printing but I see that it has some cross contamination. It will only do it once the machine starts pringing then goes back to normal. If I stop and start the print again or another print it will do the same thing. Only have this problem with the yellows so far. Anyone seen this before?

Replace your damper for yellow (and as long as you're in there, you might want to do the same for the other colors).

GRIMREAPER

Thanks. I am using second party inks and one might be low. Ill check that tomorrow. I replaced all the dampers about a week ago. Unit is a Versacamm SP300V by the way.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
Also check the drain lines and flush them.

IMO sometimes air pressure changes can cause this. Our printer does it from time to time during big air pressure fluctuations.

GRIMREAPER

Thanks for the help. Looked like some ink was backed up on the caps as though they were clogged so ran some solvent throug them and played with the lines as well as soak and clean the head and problem went away.