• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink Cost per Sq foot

gunshy

I know there are tons of variables but does anyone have a rough cost
per square foot for inks on a flatbed.
Let's assume a solid print.

We pay around $60 per liter of ink and we use 6 inks on ours.
Also we use a Jeti .

Modern Ink

Ask the manufaturer or where you bought it from. They should have that information for you. If they tell you $.xx per sq.ft. make sure they tell you how they figured that.

For instance..........
An OCE GT250 printer ink cost is about $.20 per sq.ft. based on 300% ink coverage.

What is 300% you ask? Simple. 4 colors (CMYK) @ 100% each is 400%. So 300% is 75% of each color.

Mspec

in general most UV printers will use around 1ml of ink to cover a square foot of media when running 4 color work. 6 color will add about 20% additional ink. I posted a method of calculating your actual ink use under a topic regarding the ION in this same section a few months ago. If you have access to a good scale, you can figure it out on your own with a little effort.

Your milage will vary depending on the RIP you use, the profiles within the rip, and the accuracy of your color calibration. Other issues to think about are the amount of ink used to service or purge your heads, and the frequency of said purges.

Pexce

most of UV flatbed printers have 5 color or 7 color including white one. the important and easy way to save ink is that,to make sure the first one you print is ok. Because if it is not good, you have to print it again. So that you will lose money. second, using qualified uv ink, The print heads is not easy to be blocked up. You also can save the ink to clean print heads too.

roadrage

If you use Onyx you can have the sofware calculate the amount of ink in say a 1sq ft box with the max ink 100% of cmyklmlc. Then divide it into the price of the ink. We figured out that a Mimaki JV3 at 720x720 at 8 pass cost .60 per sq ft. Double what the manufacture told us. Iv'e checked my numbers more than once.

Mspec

RR,

You will get a lot more accurate information by comparing the weight of your ink before and after a long run of work than you will from any RIPS's ink usage calculator. All that software is doing is guessing at the number of spits x the supposed drop size of your printheads. Comparing the weight with the method I listed above may be a little time consuming, but it will be a lot more accurate.

benjercorp

1sq ft box with the max ink 100% of cmyklmlc. But the thing is that you never get to print 100% on all the color .... so you are about .45 to .60 per sq/ft.