• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ink / damper problem

Zambookajoe

Yesterday one of the black dampers burst inside the jv33, nice mess it did

anyways get 2 new dampers today, one for spare, try it out wont take any ink, so try the second one, same ****

so now i decided to take them all out and clean the mess, in the dock

ive been reading some posts and trying to figure out how to get my dampers to fill with ink again cause now since I pulled them all out none are taking ink (bastards LOLOL)

whats the proper prodcedure to get them all refilled and firing again

Ive tried multiple ink fills.. dont work , tried a syringe but Im not sure if Im doing it right, theres a valve I have to open or something in the back

Ive changed alot of things on this machine before, the cap and pump are about 5 months old

any help appreciated

particleman

I'm assuming this procedure is the same as on the JV5. When the machine is sitting idle the ink valves are closed. When the machine starts to print you usually hear an audible "click" noise which is the valves opening. There is a valve on each ink line so that is why you can't pull ink. It has been too long since I've been in that machines menu, but there is a menu that lets you open one or all of the ink valves. Hopefully someone else can tell you exactly how to find it, but it is there!

petesign

pull the body apart around where the ink cartridges go until you can get access to the valves behind the cartridges. With the machine off, tape each valve "in" to open each valve, and then open your damper. Gravity will feed your damper full. Remove the tape, put your dampers back in the head, and do a couple of strong cleans and you should be good to go.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
pete nailed it. On JV33, CJV, and at least the JV5 machines if you do not open the valve first on a line you are trying to draw ink from you are not going to get much. If you try to draw ink with a syringe without first opening a valve you will just cause a huge amount of negative pressure in the line which can cause other issues.

Zambookajoe

how long is it supposed to take to fill the dampers, it doesnt seem to fill the lower part of it

Ive tried it the first time only got cyan going on one side

4R Graphics

I just prop them open with a couple of cut off wooden q tip sticks.

As for filling the dampner once the locks are open I pull ink with a syringe.

If you are running 4 color then you will want to put a syringe in both dampners for each color at the same time then pull one leave it in the dampner then pull the other then remove both syringes and remove the line lock tape or sticks.

If you run 4 color and pull ink with a syringe one dampner at a time you will find that often you pull ink from the other dampner and not the carts so do both at the same time.

petesign

I've had to pull with a syringe, but if it's not gravity feeding well to fill your dampers in just a few minutes you might have some problems at the valve. The dampers at the head are far enough below the cartridge and vale, that you can turn them upside down and depress the plunger with your hand and it will fill all the way up, then just let your thumb off and put it in the head. if ink isnt flowing readily, your valve might be sticking which would explain starvation at the damper to begin with.

Are you running oem inks? I swapped from es3 to 20/20 SS21 replacements and it fouled a valve and created a LOT of problems that i still havent worked all the way through, have since gone to ss21 oem inks and at least problems have stabilized.