Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ink Draining back on Cyan Lines

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by heyskull, Dec 4, 2020.

1. heyskull

heyskull Very Active Member

Sep 2, 2007
    UK
    My old Mutoh 1604 has a problem.
    The Cyan ink lines drain back and have air in them when I caome in on a morning.
    Am I correct in assuming this is a damper problem and need replaced with the O rings?
    Or is this the internals of the head creating the problem?
    I am hoping to buy a new one in the New Year so just hoping to nurse this one till February!
    I wanted a 1604X to replace it with but Mutoh have discontinued it.

SC

Tags:
  2. Umca

Umca Member

Sep 4, 2015
    UA
    Normally if the damper is detached from printhead and all pipe connections and damper in good condition ink will not go back.
    So, it is pipe connections (O-ring) or damper proplem.

3. heyskull

heyskull Very Active Member

Sep 2, 2007
    UK
    Brilliant I have spares so can replace O rings.
    The last technician I had to it reckoned only ever replace the dampers if they were failing.
    I hate touching this part of the print head as damaging it can render me completley out of action.

SC

4. Umca

Umca Member

Sep 4, 2015
    UA
    Actually, you have to cut edge of plastic pipe. Under old O-ring. And locate new ring on undamaged place. Because the ring made a jam of pipe and air can leak easily on that place.

• Like Like x 1