• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink droplets during output of solids

bob_5793

We have an old Encad 850 - that still serves us well.

I have an on going problem with ink droplets a while after start of print, when I run solids.

I have suspected ill fitting septums or some form of leak in the system letting the vacuum drop - but I have changed septums and trimmed off 2mm of pipe and reseated them.

When the printer is asked to swipe a 100% solid of any colour I get random droplets of ink on the print, I have observed that as soon as the solid is then broken by say some text - the droplets stop.

But these droplets of ink dont appear straight away - but usually after a metre or so of print.

I am sure it gets worse on wider prints of 1200mm.

I get the impression the jets are pushing out too much ink (and possibly running too hot ?), and ink is pooling on the jet plate - then dropping onto the print, as the head swipes.

Breaking the solid up allows the cart to cool sufficiently ?? not sure just a theory.

Any thoughts or experiences.