• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink dropout on Encad Novacut 24

outacontrol41

I bought a new Encad Novacut 24 back in the spring of 1997 and have printed miles of graphics with it since. I admit it's a dinasaour but it's reliable and it's a workhorse. My problem developed recently...a band of ink dropout in every print. It looks like all the cyan is missing and most of the black. Magenta and yellow are printing normal. The band of missing color is in the same area on every print. See photos.
Some info: I'm using Flexisign Pro 7.6v2 and using Flexi built in rip and print production manager...all has worked fine for years. ICC color profile being used is imported from Roland VersaCamm SP300V folder using standard CYMK standard at 720dpi. Media is Lexjet calendered aqua vinyl, coated. For a water based pigment ink, it turns out some of the most beautiful images when it's working properly.
I thought it was a driver issue, so I reinstalled my Flexi software. No fix.
I thought it might be the cable running from the tower to the printer. I tried another cable, no fix. I tried new cartridges, upgrading the memory in my pc, I even tried another pc loaded with Flexi and encad driver. NO FIX. I'm really stumped here.
I know I should upgrade to a newer machine and I will. But the reality is I've got this one now and I need to get it working properly again. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 2012-05-15_16-33-34_599.jpg
    2012-05-15_16-33-34_599.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 298
  • 2012-05-15_16-33-54_220.jpg
    2012-05-15_16-33-54_220.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 157

Scott Reynolds

I had an Encad back in the late 90's (60" 600) and had the same problem, but about half as wide. For the life of me, I cant remember what it was. Cant be a real big deal, Im not real smart.

Thinking....

Nope. But if something comes to mind, I will let you know.

outacontrol41

I had an Encad back in the late 90's (60" 600) and had the same problem, but about half as wide. For the life of me, I cant remember what it was. Cant be a real big deal, Im not real smart.

Thinking....

Nope. But if something comes to mind, I will let you know.

Thanks. I guess I could print half the graphic on one side then flip the vinyl media around and print the the other half but that double the time and I end up with 11 or 12 inch tiles. Not good.

Scott Reynolds

On the plus side, if you like the Encad, there LOTS of them for sale well under a $1000. I seen 60" 850's and 1000's for $200-$500. You could step up to 8 color printing for a couple hundred bucks.