• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink dropout

kev324

We've got a service call placed but I wanted to see if anybody here has also come across this issue. This is the second time we've seen this with our FB950, luckily this time it was attended to. Ran a prime bar immediately following the cancelled print and had absolutely nothing from black, yellow, light cyan, or light magenta. Not a single jet. Cyan & magenta were firing all jets. All jets come back after a purge, although at least in this most recent case, the machine had completed one of its auto purges before starting to print. You can see in the picture where it lost the inks and the prime bars. Of course, its so random that who knows how long it will.take to troubleshoot....

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110325_120545.png
    ForumRunner_20110325_120545.png
    604.6 KB · Views: 96
  • ForumRunner_20110325_120800.png
    ForumRunner_20110325_120800.png
    505.9 KB · Views: 80

Mspec

you are not in as much trouble as you may think you are in. What you are seeing is a firmware bug, and you do not have the latest version of the printers software loaded. It's a goofy issue to try and troubleshoot, because the set of conditions needed to bring this issue on are related to ambient temperature of the carriage, and a particular amount of time between the last finished job, and the next batch to start running.

I'll spare you the mumbo-jumbo, just go get and install the latest ffirmware, and you should not see that again.

kev324

Thanks for that info. I'll check out the latest firmware. Actually just had the dropout again, this time throwing error codes A-IS-143, 144, & 145. Both light inks disappeared but one of the errors is also the yellow, which remained.

Just checked, we are running ver. 4.30. Most current version on HP's site is 4.15

Last edited:

kev324

Mspec, you were indeed correct. After we discovered it would only lose heads after being paused, HP support realized that it was a slightly outdated firmware. They don't make it very known that it's available but it is. What's strange is that we've paused it occasionally over the 8-9 months we've had it with no issues until about 3 weeks ago.