• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink dropouts creating banding issues

signage

Check the bass nut for tightness, if it in finger tight and the "O"-ring looks undamaged I would then start checking the line for cracks/splits.

gorgino

I make 4 strips with 100% M,C,Y and B. The problem seems to be in magenta as you can see. Also i notice that when the magenta is printing shows a small strip that is not full of colour but looks more white. I don't know if is any way to print only with magenta and only with light magenta head , so i can find where the problem exist. Thank you all of you for your help ,

1_75.jpg

2_19.jpg

3_2.jpg

sfr table hockey

What does your actual test print look like? Are there any missing blocks in the test print on those heads?

Normally if you are getting banding caused by allignment, it will be on all the heads and not just on a couple colors.

What printer are you using as well?

gorgino

I planed to change the black head which is in terrible condition , also the light M is not very good. But if is head problem why after printing 1m happen and also why after pause button looks after some cm great...? I use xc540 and i have change dumpers , caps , wipers pumps ... but i need to be sure because the head is expensive part.

testp.jpg

sfr table hockey

It looks like there is a bit of banding on all colors shown but the black and LM look the worst. This could be allignment settings for the banding and also the missing nozzles in the two heads make it worse. Now for the ink dropping out after a big area is printed, then that is the ink starvation. Most say change dampers etc. but if there is any blockage in a line that is used to suck the ink into the heads by way of the capping station, then when the heads run out of ink after printing a large area, they can't get recharged fast enough. You said it helped to pause and then start again.

Did it matter how long you paused?

Was a short pause no good and a longer pause better?

If so then you are getting a bit of suction on the heads while the heads are parked so the line is not totally blocked but would still say to me that there is not a full draw being done.

On ny machine the heads print for a while and then will flash over to the capping station for just a split second and that is where the ink gets recharged, and back it goes printing. When my one line (mine was clear) was plugged, the recharge did not happen and the same look happened as to what you are having. As it printed it was a a bit lighter as it dropped off to nothing.

You said you replaced Dampers so I would think its a blockage.

If you can take lines off of the pump and capping station I would make sure they are all totally clean. Again on my unit there are clear lines that don't hold ink that are just for suction.

Gorgino - you have several issues going on.
#1 Your heads look to be scratched (or in need of a major cleaning0
#1 Heads are not aligned
#3 Feed Calibration is off
#4 As for the ink drop out, I would connect a syringe to each cap hose and gently pull ink. See if you are getting ANY air bubbles..if so, you have an air leak somewhere in the ink line or damper. After years of service of your SC500, it is common to find small leaks in the ink line connection fittings (under the covered area and all the way back to the cartridge connection fittings)...follow each line all the way and look for a leak, you may be surprised. Good luck

sfr table hockey

Pacific Coast Sign, Gorgino has the XC 540.

Not sure if that would give any other areas to check.

For a while I was thinking too if he had the same unit as the original post.

The XC starts out at the cartridges with larger ink tubes, then (in a few feet) the tubes are reduced in size with a brass fitting...these fittings can become loose or o-rings wear out....just a place to check for air/ink leaks. Happy Holidays!

gorgino

Hello guys , Yesterday technical support was in my office to check the printer ... and we find that this problem happens only in high speed mode 540x360 , in Standart 540x720 mode the machine works fine... this mean that maybe needs print head. Thx for help ! :signs101: