• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink drops Sp540v

capone27

I have been having a issue with my sp 540 v that is a year old. I get ink drops and some small black overspray. I have tried powerful and manual cleaning but I still have some drops and spray.

any suggestions would be great

thanks
Capone

GregT

My first guess would be a small fiber somewhere on the print head. I had a similiar problem about a month ago. I could only see it with a flashlight from an angle. Removed it and cleaned it, all is fine now.

Ken

When you do your manual cleaning, fill the capping station sponges with cleaning fluid..park the heads..then let it sit a bit..and try again.
Cheers!
Ken

P

ProWraps™

i wish i could help more. but im not sure the operation of the roland printers. but we get the same thing on our prints. we use mutohs. what it is for us, is the flushing box sponge. if you have something equivalent, it may be your problem.

P

ProWraps™

i dont think the wiper would cause drops on the head regarless of the printer. its either debris that is carrying it over, which in turn has to pick it up somewhere. or a sponge that is collecting on the head.

threeputt

It is almost certain that the print heads are carrying debris. Typically something like a scrap of thread from a banner edge. That acts like a "wick" loads up with ink, and then begins to drop ink when it is saturated and can't hold anymore.

Your weekly cleaning will get these everytime. But as a previous poster suggested, use a small penlight to examine the print heads and be sure there's no "kling-ons".

If that doesn't do it, I'd be very surprised.

capone27

Yep it was junk on the head.... could not see it until I put the flash light on it.

thanks for all the help

capone