• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink drops

mustafade

Attached are the pictures to a problem.
I need to find out why it is happening. Any help would be appreciated.

I did a NORMAL cleaning and I do not know if it fixed the problem yet. I am trying to be proactive.

Well, I just did a test draw the CYAN was gone. Doing a another cleaning now.
Missing colors became a trend after we had a head replacement (in the mornings only).
Do you think ink drops and missing colors are related?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMAG0311.jpg
    IMAG0311.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 143
  • IMAG0312.jpg
    IMAG0312.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 101

Rooster

Bad damper or a bad damper o-ring seal at the head.

Since you've had trouble since a head replacement I'd double check the capping station height adjustment too.

I've also seen droplets on the rare occasion that the head picks up a bit of fluff, but I'm assuming your machine is clean and properly maintained.

mustafade

When we replace the head we replaced all the dampers as well.
Missing colors on test draw is random colors.
Ink drops just started today.
Yes, the machine is being well maintained by me.

Shift Designs

just puttin my 2 cents in. With my printer i have found that it was as simple as a pice of fuzz, or something invisible to the naked eye on the printhead. Not saying your is as simple as that. But that pic look almost identical. The things the other guys are mentioning are beyond some of my internal printer knowledge. I have replaced printheads, pumps and dampers, but thats as far as it goes.

My be off base, but i had an issue before that was caused by unequalized pressure at the damper. Basically the o-ring where the ink lines goes into the damper was waring out, and when i changed that damper the last time it wasnt sealing good. Just FYI.

Rooster

When we replace the head we replaced all the dampers as well.
Missing colors on test draw is random colors.
Ink drops just started today.
Yes, the machine is being well maintained by me.

Double check the seating of the dampers on the head. It may have come loose, or it may have had a bad o-ring on it to begin with.

If it's clean then it has to do with air getting into the lines and allowing the ink to dribble out. Give your cartridges a little push into the slots as well. There's only two common points of failure between the head and the cartridge. The damper seal and the cart seal.

If you're seeing multiple colors dropping out on the test prints then re-align the capping station as well. It sounds like it could be a case of ink drying out on the head when it's parked. If it's doing that, then anything that dries on the head will allow ink to build up and then drip off randomly as well.

signswi

Whenever I get those a soft clean fixes it (usually just some built up ink or fuzz), if it doesn't change the dampers and the wiper.

randya

Most certainly a thread or hair on the head or carriage.
Ink mist collects until it has enough mass to drop.
The comet shape is a good indication, as they will usually drop when the carriage changes direction.

Get a nice blue led flashlight and take a really good look around the head that is dropping.
Usually at the edge but they can be in between or on the carriage itself.

mustafade

The comet shape is a good indication, as they will usually drop when the carriage changes direction.

Get a nice blue led flashlight and take a really good look around the head that is dropping.
This is a good tip!
I'll check it first thing in the morning.

mustafade

Oh boy! Down there it was nasty! I thought I was taking care of the machine. lol.
There was good size hair or lint I couldn't determine what it was but it was right on the very left nozzles.
Thanks for the tips once again!

housemusikid

x2