• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink Empty - no warning!

midnightmadman

Is this a common problem with a Prismjet extra?
My black was starting to get very week in my prints and I thought maybe I had a problem. After doing some cleaning etc and no improvments I pulled out the cart. and it was completley empty! I usually get a warning message but nothing this time.

TheSnowman

Mine on my Mimaki normally goes from like oh 15% or 20% to 1% in a minute whenever it feels like it. Really annoying. Hopefully you can figure that one out.

randya

Sounds like the 'dead man' sensor.

There is a sensor that is activated by the tab that sticks out when a cartridge is empty.

MachServTech

It is generally caused by the flag not sticking out of the cartridge telling the machine it is out of ink. Usually a fault of a defective cartridge.

midnightmadman

It is generally caused by the flag not sticking out of the cartridge telling the machine it is out of ink. Usually a fault of a defective cartridge.

Thanks everyone.
So the machine will just keep trying to print black and the head will run dry, correct!? I guess I better pull some ink through my waste lines?
Should I be worried?

randya

Check the cartridge and see if the tab is working properly.
If it is, then it could be the actual sensor