• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink Every Where!?

BRUSHMARKS

When we came in this morning and went to get our job off the printer that we left print after hours. there was cyan ink every where, on the floor on the sides of th emedia up on the top where the head slides. both were completly empty. they were both 440s and were both replaced yesterday with about 1 hour print ojn 1 and 3 hours print on other. we printed lots of greens yesterday. it over flowed our waste bucket. when i went to look to find problem the heads were fine no hairs or such on them. the capping station was fine as well. but th efunny thing was the wipier which i cleaned before about 8 hours of printing was still spotless. like it never wiped the heads. but only hte cyan had leaked. we are running lyson 1300 series ink. this is ht ethe 2nd or 3rd problem with lyson. does anyone have any idea on what might be happening.

ChiknNutz

If the capping station is anything like a Roland, that has a sponge in it, it sounds like that capping station is getting too old and the sponge has swelled enough to touch the head. When it does this, it leaks ink out due to capillary action (leave a dishrag hanging over the edge of a pan of water). I had this happen once to me because of this. I change out me capping stations just about every 6 months.

BRUSHMARKS

If the capping station is anything like a Roland, that has a sponge in it, it sounds like that capping station is getting too old and the sponge has swelled enough to touch the head. When it does this, it leaks ink out due to capillary action (leave a dishrag hanging over the edge of a pan of water). I had this happen once to me because of this. I change out me capping stations just about every 6 months.
this is what our local supplier thought it might be too he was going to have a nazdar (lyson) rep call us and explain the situation to him as well. TY GX for the help.

eforer

Its your capping station adjustment. Unlike a roland, the Mimai does not have a sponge, it has spring loaded, rubber lined caps with metal screens. If the "absorb" position is too close to the head and doesn't allow for a .5mm gap, a syphoning action can occur (especially with a fresh cart which creates more head pressure) and you'll drain your cart. Go into the maitenece mode and adjust the capping station. The only other possibliity is you blew a line somewhere the side of a damper busted open. Check your heads too, if this happens when the machine is on you might have toasted a few.

That situation really sucks, good luck getting everything squared away.

GTSTech_1

If not absorb position, look at the pumps. Have seen this scenario played out and the pump was the culprit.
My $.02

Joey Alonso
GTSTech_1

BRUSHMARKS

If not absorb position, look at the pumps. Have seen this scenario played out and the pump was the culprit.
My $.02

Joey Alonso
GTSTech_1
we just spent last 2 hours with tech support and we narrowed it down to trying the pumps. we ran the steps for the capping adjustment but when we go to fill capping station so we can shut it down with out heads drying, the solution just kept draining out. so we are going to get clamps clamp the lines before the pumps fill the capping station and turn it off untill we get pumps. ty for the help hope this does the trick

eforer

Did your heads survive? Losing a full cart sucks as does replacing pumps. But the prices for heads these days is insane. Didn't think of the pumps, that seems like a good candidate for the culprit as well.

Good luck!

BRUSHMARKS

Did your heads survive? Losing a full cart sucks as does replacing pumps. But the prices for heads these days is insane. Didn't think of the pumps, that seems like a good candidate for the culprit as well.

Good luck!
we have the heads soaking in the cleaning solutions with the power off now so they should be fine.

crdsigns

I had this with my versacamm, it was the pump and we had magenta leaking everywhere took a closer look and replaced the pump and pipes to waste bottle was fine hope this is some help

ColesCreations

Just to confirm- If the capping station does not hold on to the cleaning fluid, then the pumps are bad? Wanted to do a wash the other day but capping station would not hold fluid...