Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ink explosion! Vj1304

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by dtdm, Jul 18, 2011.

1. dtdm

dtdm Member

Mar 7, 2011
    I was printing over the weekend and all of the sudden my cyan ink cartridge was empty... then the light cyan.... then today i went to load new cartridges and noticed my vj1304 had dumped all its ink through the waste container and all over the floor!

What would have caused this?!??!?!?!

I just had to replace 3 cartridges!

Tags:
  2. CS-SignSupply-TT

CS-SignSupply-TT Very Active Member

May 31, 2011
    Crimped line...air in the lines...what has changed since the printer last operated properly?

3. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    swollen capping station sponge.

4. dtdm

dtdm Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Nothing was changed.. Was in middle of a print when ink ran out on black... It sat without a black cartridge for two days hung up on receiving an converting a print... Figure that has something to do with it. Took all cartridges out for time being. Am out on the road so can't look at capping station. It probably wouldn't hurt to replace it...

5. randya

randya Very Active Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Arizona
    A VJ1304 is a 4 color machine, no light cyan?

Swollen caps are rare in VJs, but do happen, probably the cause.

6. artbot

artbot Very Active Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Houston TX
    if your pumps lines were fill of ink when the machine suspended, then the carriage parked itself. the weight of trapped ink can start a siphon as soon s the pump opens up. happened to me. emptied about four carts in 15 minutes.

i still look at my carts every once in a while expecting them to empty out of nowhere.

7. Beyond 1

Beyond 1 New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Gilbert, Arizona
    Just had that happen to me TODAY.... Went away on vacation, and before I left I replaced a defective pump for my Toucan LT. When I came back, black ink was all over the floor. I'm thinking the capping station on the black didn't have a solid fit and the pump line was in the open position and gravity took over. I was told this happens very rare. It still make me sad!:

Oops: