• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink explosion! Vj1304

dtdm

I was printing over the weekend and all of the sudden my cyan ink cartridge was empty... then the light cyan.... then today i went to load new cartridges and noticed my vj1304 had dumped all its ink through the waste container and all over the floor!

What would have caused this?!??!?!?!

I just had to replace 3 cartridges!

dtdm

Nothing was changed.. Was in middle of a print when ink ran out on black... It sat without a black cartridge for two days hung up on receiving an converting a print... Figure that has something to do with it. Took all cartridges out for time being. Am out on the road so can't look at capping station. It probably wouldn't hurt to replace it...

randya

A VJ1304 is a 4 color machine, no light cyan?

Swollen caps are rare in VJs, but do happen, probably the cause.

artbot

if your pumps lines were fill of ink when the machine suspended, then the carriage parked itself. the weight of trapped ink can start a siphon as soon s the pump opens up. happened to me. emptied about four carts in 15 minutes.

i still look at my carts every once in a while expecting them to empty out of nowhere.

Beyond 1

Just had that happen to me TODAY.... Went away on vacation, and before I left I replaced a defective pump for my Toucan LT. When I came back, black ink was all over the floor. I'm thinking the capping station on the black didn't have a solid fit and the pump line was in the open position and gravity took over. I was told this happens very rare. It still make me sad!:

Oops: