• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink Fill Issue on SJ-540 Roland

MrSalumi

Hello All.

I just replaced the black head on my SJ-540. When I go to the Ink Fill menu option in service mode the pump pumps the ink FOR EVER!!!! It wont stop. I have a bulk system and it seriously pumped half a liter of ink into the drain bottle. What am I doing wrong?

Sal

dj.wang

I have experienced this with my roland fj 52 when I first got it.
MY just have to let it finish. Gonna take a while. But remember don't turn the printer off while its pumping, buz when u turn it on it will start pumping all over again.

MrSalumi

I have experienced this with my roland fj 52 when I first got it.
MY just have to let it finish. Gonna take a while. But remember don't turn the printer off while its pumping, buz when u turn it on it will start pumping all over again.

ARHG What a pain in the ***.. I read on the roland forum that they only way to avoid wasting a lot of ink is to pull the tubes on the feed side of pumps and let the cycle complete. They thing they dont tell you is that you need to put your fingers on the nipples to block the intakes and maintain vacuum, otherwise they error out.. In any case I got it working.. Thank Goodness.