• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink flow problem with my SP-300

Kenny

In your pics, the last one:
-The mist sponge needs to be replaced.
-The wipers are curled and need to be replaced (if you try to do anymore with these, take them off, clean them then reinstall...the gunk that is on there now is wiped across the heads every time the wipers make a pass, negating the cleaning you just did)
-The ink buildup on the metal cover is excess ink from the wipers being flung into the top...you will always have a little bit to clean there after every use
-I would replace the captops (they seal the bottom of the heads when they are parked)

Good to hear you are contacting a dealer for service...make sure you talk to a real "tech" and not a salesman who thinks he is a tech...ask me how I know. :rolleyes:

Good luck, you will love it when youe get these few issues resolved.

cdiesel

I agree.. call roland and get a tech out to do a tune up. You need some new parts--wipers, probably capping stations. I'm not sure if they'll upgrade the pump for free like they did mine, but I think it was only like $85 for the pump itself (we bought an extra). Good luck!

Designer85

Finally got ahold of a Rep, sent me a picture of a "Good" pump and a "Bad" pump and it looks like I have a bad one from the picture. Not sure if "Good" pump refers to the upgrade or not.

He also suggested replacing the wipers and mist sponge (Good call Kenny).

Waiting to hear back from him. I'll let you know how it goes.

Designer85

It was confirmed I have the old pump. Waiting to hear back from the Dealer.

In the meantime I did try the syringe trick and it did work. So, I am able to print now, but I still plan on getting the new pump.

And I found a set of new wipers in the extra stuff that came with the printer. No mist sponge, but I'll get one of these soon.