• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ink issue

dolce05

Printer: Roland VP540

1st time this happened machine was sitting idle then the warning beep went off indicating Magenta was empty. I thought nothing of it so i replaced the cartridge with a new one (i figured maybe after a cleaning process that it does on its own it used the last of the ink) but after I pulled the cartridge i noticed it was fairly full. Put it back it in and all was like the warning never happened.

2nd time is now in the middle of a run it says cartridge has become unattached (the warning on versaworks) and of course the beep goes off like its out of ink so i pulled it reinserted and the print finished up like no problem.I do a couple of more jobs with no difference in anything, so what gives??? I'm sure this is a warning of some sort, just curious where to start looking.

These situations happened about 4 days apart and we print everyday

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Chris

motorola424

Does the problem happen with different cartilages or just the one? I'm not sure about your machine, but some Rolands don't even use sensors in the cartridge to sense the level of ink and just go by head firing counts. Try cleaning the contacts on the cartrige and on the printer if possible, with a pencil eraser

ProColorGraphics

I thought the little plastic tab that protrudes when the cartridge gets empty was what triggered the "low ink" warning on the printer?

First - What printer do you have? If you have a SP model it has no chip reader, it counts the pump cycles and the cartridge has the tab that extends out the side when the cartridge is empty (usually). Is this a Roland cartridge or 3rd party? How empty is the cartridge - it may be closer to empty than you know. When the tab protrudes it tells the printer the cartridge is empty.