• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink Issues - Versacamm

Engstrom Graphics

sniperhockeydesigns
I just replaced all 4 inks in my 300V - replaced with 440ml Eco-Sol Max - same ink I have always used. I have 2 issues:

1 - when I click down on Menu and Ink Control - the machine acts like I do not have new ink, there are no bars next to 1 2 3 4 - it doesn't beep and not let me do anything like when I ran out, but it doesn't show that there is new ink installed since again, there are no ink level bars.

2 - I ran a test print, a normal cleaning, printed 3 items at smaller scale and noticed it got better, but the ink is still way off. Printing a sign I was printing when I ran out - same profile, settings, etc. and look at the difference in the greens! The bottom was before my ink ran out, the top (darker green - this is supposed to be lime green) was with the new ink. Before I printed this final one I did a Powerful Clean as well......

RolandInk.jpg

Any suggestions? Thank you!

ova

Have you turned your printer off since installing the new carts?

Having problems right now with my 300v. Used it Sunday and Monday morning after turning it on, while going thru the checks, it stopped at the ink level check. Says there's no ink or crats in the printer. Like yours, mine shows the four numbers and no ink levels in any of them. I just changed the yellow Friday so I know it's good. Check the other three and all's OK with those.

I called my tech guy and he didn't have a clue. Called a new tech guy and he thinks the # 2 board is bad. It's located behind the cover on the backside of the printer by the cartridges.

New board should be here in about an hour. I'll let you know how it went after I install it.

Dave

Engstrom Graphics

sniperhockeydesigns
Nozzle print was fine.

Yes, Roland Ink - not an off brand.

Let me know how that went Dave - and where did you get a new board?

Thanks!

Green is better - but still not as bright as it should be - considering the first one was done with same profile and settings. I closed down the printer and VW and reloaded everything with same settings and still not getting the same as before....

Engstrom Graphics

sniperhockeydesigns
I did - wasn't quite sure how much to "shake," - ha. I probably did similar to what I did before.

After multiple runs it seems to be improving - so not sure if it just took a while to get a constant flow through the lines.

I am concerned about the machine not recognize that new ink is installed though - as there are no indicator bars next to the 1 2 3 and 4.

Anyone have any solutions?

Thanks.

ova

Sorry it's taken so long to reply.
Changed the #2 or E-2 board on Saturday. Printer is working fine now.
Only problem I had was the print cut adjustment, but I'm sure changing the board had nothing to do with that.

Other problem I had was getting the board. Contacted supplier, ordered the board over night delivery. Two days later still no board. Supplier contacted Roland and was told their computers were down and they did not ship anything for two days. Supplier ate the cost of shipping and the board without me asking about some kind of refund. Lost some print time at the shop, but we have good neighbors who printed for us at cost.

Don't know if they are a MM on the site, but the supplier for the board is InTo Print from Charleston WV. They also have a store in Virginia somewhere.

Dave