• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink leaking on printhead

msenjur

cyan is leaking thought nozzels... Why is that? when head is out of its station drops leaking...

my tech guy said he never had such problem...

rjssigns

On a very rare occasion we have had ink carts with internal pressure that will cause the printer to "barf" ink all over the print. Can't think of a better way to explain it.
Our tech said to take out the cart, rock it back and forth then reinstall it. It works like a champ every time.

BTW we run a Roland.

msenjur

hello...

im using Mutoh rockhopper I.

ok, i will try to shake a bit... maybe tech guy wont have to come...

msenjur

ok... im wondering too... yesterday he said he doesnt have a clue... i belive he will change printhead...

msenjur

ok... on friday he was here, and did a whole cleaning of head, head station... leaking stopped, and everything was ok... today i printed 3m of material, and the leaking starts again...

now i belive, that replacing the head would be the best thing to do...

premiercolour

Merchant Member
We came across a triangle system for mimaki jv3. The triangle bulk system was placed too high which was above the print heads. Gravity pressured the ink all over the place slowly over night, not right after the installation.

Not for this case, but for triangle bulk system users.

msenjur

tech guy just left...

It was the tube from cartige to head... it got broken on one place...

This is it...

Last edited: