• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink leaking

16skyline

Hi I have a old SC-500 running Ecomax Sol ink, i am having a issue with the cyan and Magenta inks leaking through the head to the waste tank. I pulled the dampers off the head and they are dripping with ink so I replaced the dampers with new ones and the same thing is happening can someone help with this problem?

Thanks

31legen

I had this happen just last week. A few things to check is make sure that there isn't a piece of fuzz or a hair on the capping station? The heads need to be sealed on your capping station or it will allow the ink to siphon out. Also I have been told that these printers work best when the cartridges are only a third full. Any more and they have a tendency to build pressure inside the cartridges and push the ink out.

16skyline

Capping station is all clean as I have taken it out to clean the ink is dripping out of the magenta and cyan dampers if I pull he dampers from the head so i am assuming it is something before the heads/dampers

31legen

The carriage possibly didn't park and seal on the capping station. If there isn't a good seal they will leak. Do not fill the cartridges more than a 1/3 full.