Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ink Level

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by Sign-Man Signs, May 12, 2007.

1. Hey, is there a way to check ink levels without taking the cartridge out of the printer? Never fails to run out of a color just when you're halfway thru a job.
    Mutoh Prism Jet ( Outdoor Jr. Falcon)

Tags:
  2. Graphics2u

Graphics2u Very Active Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Iowa
    Nope!

the printer gives you a warning supposedly shortly before it is out completely but it's like three short beeps and then the display flashes which color is almost out. If your quick enough you can change it right when it quits printing but if not it will leave a line where the ink dried and you started printing again.

I told my dealer right after I first got mine that my $79.00 desktop printer has a ink level display and I couldn't believe a $10,000 printer (at theTime) can't tell me that!

3. PMG

PMG Very Active Member

Feb 1, 2005
    I can tell on mine by going to my menu ........and go to #17 (Ink Status )and it gives me the levels,also when your printing it will alarm you as to what color CMYK is running out with a under line