• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink Level

S

Sign-Man Signs

Hey, is there a way to check ink levels without taking the cartridge out of the printer? Never fails to run out of a color just when you're halfway thru a job.
Mutoh Prism Jet ( Outdoor Jr. Falcon)

Graphics2u

Nope!

Hey, is there a way to check ink levels without taking the cartridge out of the printer? Never fails to run out of a color just when you're halfway thru a job.
Mutoh Prism Jet ( Outdoor Jr. Falcon)

the printer gives you a warning supposedly shortly before it is out completely but it's like three short beeps and then the display flashes which color is almost out. If your quick enough you can change it right when it quits printing but if not it will leave a line where the ink dried and you started printing again.

I told my dealer right after I first got mine that my $79.00 desktop printer has a ink level display and I couldn't believe a $10,000 printer (at theTime) can't tell me that!

PMG

I can tell on mine by going to my menu ........and go to #17 (Ink Status )and it gives me the levels,also when your printing it will alarm you as to what color CMYK is running out with a under line