• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink Levels

System27

Ok Guys I want to first state I do really appreciate this forum because you Guys and Gals :) Rock :U Rock:.

I have a Mutoh outdoor printer. Bought it used and it is working as well as I had hoped. I did have a little trouble getting started but after a couple hours reading on this forum did a syringe pull and got my nozzels going :) Got profiles working well with my media etc....

Now that up and going it just hit me I have no idea where I am as to ink levels, I have done a lot of testing and wrapped a race car etc... but have no idea as where I am ink wise. Do you pull the cartridges out and check ?? will that get air in my system ?? any advice greatly appreciated

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Ok Guys I want to first state I do really appreciate this forum because you Guys and Gals :) Rock :U Rock:.

I have a Mutoh outdoor printer. Bought it used and it is working as well as I had hoped. I did have a little trouble getting started but after a couple hours reading on this forum did a syringe pull and got my nozzels going :) Got profiles working well with my media etc....

Now that up and going it just hit me I have no idea where I am as to ink levels, I have done a lot of testing and wrapped a race car etc... but have no idea as where I am ink wise. Do you pull the cartridges out and check ?? will that get air in my system ?? any advice greatly appreciated

Pull the cartridges and weigh them, with power off of course. A full 220ml cartridge weighs in at about 13.5 ounces. An empty 220ml cartridge about 5.5 ounces.

You can remove and reinstall the cartridges with impunity as long as the print is powered off.