• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink lines clogged somewhere, need advice.

visualeyez

My HP 5500psUV 42"(older thing) has been giving me some issues. Gray colors were printing green and I tracked it down to the Light Magenta ink line not having ink in it near the printhead. It has ink in the visible portion of the line near the ink cartridges. So it has presumably dried up somewhere in between.
Does anybody have advice on how to get the ink flowing again?

visualeyez

Update:
So I used a syringe and was able to get the ink flowing and sucked out of the end of the line in the printhead cradle. However It still does not work and the printer is telling me to replace the printhead, which is maybe 6 months old and barely used. Thoughts?

sowinski_t

Possibly the ink clog is in the print head. Which means that even though the head is not used heavily, it may still be time to replace it. Before you do so, I would try to soak it in a plate of iso alcohol. I've done this in the past with some success back when I ran a 5000 and a 5500... Also works with warm water, but not as well I think.