• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink not drying? Eco sol max 2

icex

I am printing with a roland xr640. New machine bought back in June of last year. All we are printing is banners, using arlon banner. I am printing on high quality, with the max temps. We are hanging them to dry for a day or two, but their sticking together when we ship them and ink is smearing. Any ideas on what could be wrong? I'm thinking I may need to either put some heaters in front or invest in one of the heaters that go across the machine and blow heat down on it but I hate to spend that much.

CGSGuy

it simply takes many days to truly dry. We keep rolls of leftover liner paper that we lay over the banners and then roll them up. And then we tell our customers why we do that and to not let any printed surfaces touch. NO PROBLEMS!

rydods

Member for quite some time.
Is there are reason for printing at high quality? We have an xr 640 and eco sol max 2 as well and even at 720/720, it can lay a lot of ink down especially with black. It is our go to printer for higher quality prints but we've never had to use high quality. Also, what is the humitity in your shop? I usually have to plug in the de-humidifier in the summer. Things get too damp and don't dry as quickly.

rjssigns

What is the reason you're running high quality mode on banners?

High quality on banner will lay down too much ink. When I had my SP540V banners were run on Draft mode. Zero complaints.

icex

I've actually found that high quality uses a tad more ink (according to versaworks) than normal quality and it takes longer to print exposing the print longer on the heater. Also when printing on normal, I see banding (even brand new, it was doing it) and the dealer is clueless on what to do. There is like lines running through the print on normal, even on other material we print on, on all files.

icex

Is there are reason for printing at high quality? We have an xr 640 and eco sol max 2 as well and even at 720/720, it can lay a lot of ink down especially with black. It is our go to printer for higher quality prints but we've never had to use high quality. Also, what is the humitity in your shop? I usually have to plug in the de-humidifier in the summer. Things get too damp and don't dry as quickly.
Not sure, but its a concrete floor. I may run the dehumidifier and see if that helps, but once they print we put them in the garage to dry.

icex

icm_fullxfull.256189671_jttn334my2o0kwcc0g08.jpg