• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink "Not Original"?

Adam Bennett

Just put in a new Y Cart. and now I'm getting an error stating that "Y Not Original"

I'm certain that this IS OEM ink, is it just a problem with the chip in the "smart" card?

Is my warranty now void?

Anyone?

Compilla

The printer will auto destroy...lol JK

Simply contact your Ink vendor to get a smart card replacement.

ProWraps

get it all the time. have your vendor swap it out. its common if you go through a lot of ink. this is why even though its a bit more expensive, i always buy my ink from a local vendor rather than online/mail. they just come the next day with a new cart and exchange. no having to send back anything.

dont fret it. you will see it again and again over time.

MachServTech

Just put in a new Y Cart. and now I'm getting an error stating that "Y Not Original"

When I deal with these I almost always solve the problem by repositioning the chip. Its usually off by a few mm. Measure a cart that works from top and for for correct position....thats probably what the doc 11-10 is sending you has in it.

Circleville Signs

As said before - Smart Card issue. Another thing that you may want to double check - not sure if you are using a ValueJet or a Falcon. I ordered ink a couple months ago and the carts I got were Falcon carts. I had no idea. Obviously, I got the same error message you did.

Gary