• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink Not Original

novedist

Ink reads not original. I replaced all cartrages 3 times and was sent 2 sets of new cards by Mutoh. Still Ink not original. I replaced the heater control board and tried a new mother board and still doesn't work. The board that the sensor plugs is the only one that I haven't tried. The part is on back order for 3 weeks and my printer has been down and Mutoh doesn't know when the ship will come from Japan. Wish I never would have bought a Mutoh.

scene329

I am a Mutoh owner as well. Just a tip.. Always make sure you have extra cartridges. We had a few bad cartridges. We just return them to our supplier for new ones.

Also, if you remove low cartridges and replace them with new ones for night jobs they don't always work when you put them back in. So, a tip to maximize would be to let the new one run out completely then replace it with the used cartridge during the day.

That's what we do.

Always have a few extra of each cartridge to keep problems like this from giving you down time.

novedist

I have three sets of cartrages that I tried and replaced smart cards on two sets and still didn't work. There is two heater boards that control the smart cards but Mutoh USA is out and don't when they will be in. So I am out of the graphic business for now. They won't fly in the part, I have to wait for a container.

scene329

Firmware was upgraded and nothing

Where are you located? If you'd like you can sub some jobs out to us and I'll get you a good rate so you can make some extra cash.

I have no problem helping you out. What Mutoh do you have? Was it purchased new or used?

If you'd like check out my site: we can print whatever you can come up with.

Last edited by a moderator:

randya

PM me your printer serial #, Contact info and who you are dealing with here at Mutoh.

Have you had a tech look at it?

Last edited:

novedist

My sn is 12 on a 1204. The part was ordered through Gregory. I contacted Jenefer and was told that they didn't know when the part would be in. I import tools and I know exactly when it will be in but not when it will clear customs. I am the service tec on this printer.

Stealth Ryder

PM me and I will tell you who has either part in stock...

What MB Firmware?

What Sub-Controller Firmware?

This is very unusual if the MB & SC firmware is up to date...

Please verify all of this before "just spending money" om parts...

novedist

Firmware is 118
sub controller 112
The part that I think I need is the board that the ink censon plugs into. All the cartrages went to that state at the same time.

novedist

Well I finely received all the parts that I needed. I replaced heater junction board, heater control board,Ink board id assembly and motherboard that I had and also replaced ink cartridge. Replaced new cards supplied by Mutoh still all cartridge read ink not original. I don't know what else to replace or do.

novedist

I have replaced the smart cards many times. I am going to order new cartridges even though I have tried others.