• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink not staying in print head

bovegas

Finally I was able to get some test print on my VJ1617H. Printer was seating for a year before I have purchased it. I did ink refill and I got Cyan and Yellow at 100% and Black and Magent at 30% nozzle check. After couple hours I did nozzle check again and only cyan is present but maybe 50%. It seams that ink is going back to cartridge ( pouches) for some reason. I have ordered new cap top and dumpers. Do you guys think those are the culprit or it could be something else?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's natural for the ink to recede back to the cartridges but the dampers are supposed to prevent it from happening. So usually it means the damper is bad, the o-ring seal between the damper and ink line is bad, or there is an air leak somewhere else in the system. So make sure you change the o-rings along with the dampers and that should do the trick.

JenHess

After changing the dampers and making sure the capping station is clean be sure that the print head is level. If it is not level it will not allow proper capping and allow ink to pull back up out of the print head.

bovegas

After changing the dampers and making sure the capping station is clean be sure that the print head is level. If it is not level it will not allow proper capping and allow ink to pull back up out of the print head.
Thanks. But how do I adjust level?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thanks. But how do I adjust level?
The carriage should be level already. You just want to check the gap between the head surface and the platen. Usually if anything is off it's the left side being higher than the right. In that case you just need to take the head bracket off and wiggle the head around until it drops into place. If the gap looks even, you should be good.