• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink pumping tips?

jr_t1t

Roland VP-540. Replaced 2 heads (black and blue) and did the pump up because i changed dampers. Did the ink fill and couldnt get any ink to flow through the lines. Got the yellow and magenta to pull through the dampers and into the head through the pump tubes below. Seems like I can get the ink to the dampers on the blue and black but cant get the dampers to fill up or pull through the head through the pump tubes. Any tips or tricks on succeeding and pumping these things up?

jr_t1t

Also I havent replaced cap tops yet because they didnt get here in time, figured id just changed them afterwards. Could that have something to do with it if they wont seal tight enough against the print head? I tried sucking directly on the part of the damper that connects to the print head but seems like it wont stay in the damper after i release the suction.